A Medicinal Mushroom Intensive Workshop
May 27-28th, 2017
Sharondale Mushroom Farm in Cismont, VA
Join us for an intensive hands-on activity filled workshop about mushrooms as medicine for personal and community health. Explore the historic and current uses of gourmet and medicinal mushrooms for wellbeing and preventative medicine. Learn how to develop community health and resilience through collaboration of mycologists, farmers, herbalists, and other practitioners of the healing arts.
In-depth discussions and hands-on activities will include:
- Biology and ecology of medicinal mushrooms
- Ethnomycology and traditional mushroom medicine
- Current research and uses of medicinal mushrooms and mycelium
- Future trends in mushroom healing and personal medicine
- Mushroom essences for spiritual healing
- Medicinal mushroom cultivation
- Wild harvesting mushrooms for medicine
- Formulating mushroom medicines, tinctures, and extracts
- Developing a mushroom apothecary and fungal pharmacopeia
Spawn the Myco-Cultural Revolution!
Take home advanced skills and living mushroom cultures
Learn the best practices for harvesting and making mushroom medicines. This workshop will be of particular interest to agrarians, homesteaders, permaculturists, and all who are practicing the healing arts in their communities.
We will provide all meals from lunch Saturday through lunch Sunday. Food will be high quality and home-cooked and will include mushrooms and other local ingredients. A vegetarian option will be available.
For more info email: email@example.com