Made up by Angel
- 24 Shiitakes
- 1 bunch of basil, or try other seasonal greens like nettles, sorrel, arugula, garlic scapes, or parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- lemon juice, or local sour fruit like gooseberries, and salt to taste
- Parmesan or local hard cheese from Mountain View Farm or Caromont Farm
- Trim stems off the mushrooms. Save for soup stock.
- Set caps aside for stuffing.
- Make seasonal pesto by chopping or using a food processor to mix other ingredients.
- Spoon the pesto into each mushroom cap. Top with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- For grilling, add another mushroom cap to sandwich the pesto and wrap with Open Gate Farm bacon. Hold together with toothpick.
- *For a crispier filling, add breadcrumbs to pesto mixture.