- This event has passed.
Delmarva Soil Summit
November 1, 2018$35
Mushroom and Microbes: Cultivating Soil, Plant and Animal Health
For Farmers, Service Providers, and Soil Health Enthusiasts: A Full Day of Learning From Farmers and Other Experts About Latest Innovations in Soil Health and Fertility. Registration Now Open—SIGN UP HERE!
- Soil Health guru Ellen Polishuk, Plant to Profit
- Carbon Sequestration research trials with Dr. Emmanuel Omondi, Rodale Institute
- Delmarva soils, James Brewer, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Farmer Panel, featuring farmers from across Delmarva, on Successes and Challenges to the implementation of Best Soil Health Practices
In-Depth Afternoon Breakouts
- In-Depth Soil Test Analysis with Bill McKibben, Head Agronomist at Logan Labs
- Planting Green with Adam Snyder of Harborview Farms
- Air-Seeder Presentation with Sussex Conservation District
- Soil Health Tools with University of Maryland Extension Specialists Nevin Dawson and Dr. Sara Via
- Mushrooms and Microbes with Mark Jones, Sharondale Farm
- Dr. Arthur Allen, UMES Soil Science Research and Programs
- Open Farmer-to-Farmer Notice Board
- Nutrient Management Credits and Certified Crop Advisor CEUs
- Soil & Ag Service Tradeshow
- Extended Speaker Q&A
- Networking Opportunities
The Delmarva Soil Summit precedes the annual University of Maryland Eastern Shore Small Farm Conference, held this year on November 2-3, 2018 in the same location. A bundled, discounted ticket package for the Delmarva Soil Summit and Small Farm Conference is available HERE.
Delmarva Soil Summit tickets are $35 for FHCASA Members and $45 for non-members. A limited number of scholarships are available. Please contact email@example.com for more information and applications.